|Area of Operation:
|£2000 including £50 registration fee*
Each year, more than 350,000 people are admitted to UK hospitals with an acquired brain injury. That's one every 90 seconds. Although often hidden, the effects of a brain injury can be devastating for the entire family. Many survivors, family members and carers can often feel confused, isolated and alone.
Headway - the brain injury association is the leading UK charity dedicated to improving the services available to all those individuals affected by brain injury and provides a range of frontline services to help those affected by brain injury, including:
- Headway Acute Trauma Support Nurses, giving specialist, practical advice and emotional support on acute hospital wards to families during the immediate aftermath of brain injury
- Nurse-led freephone Helpline, which provides practical information about all aspects of brain injury to survivors, families, carers and professionals
- Emergency Fund, providing grants to help with the practical implications of sudden catastrophic brain injury
- Comprehensive, award winning website- www.headway.org.uk
- Publications relating to practical aspects of brain injury. These information guides are often invaluable in helping people affected by brain injury come to understand and deal with their changed circumstances
With the help of Headway's London Marathon runners, Headway can continue to provide and expand our life-changing services to those affected by brain injury across the UK.
* VAT is payable on the registration fee. See the Pledge form for details